What are the main differences between the software architecture of PSoC 5LP and PSoC 6 MCU?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaGa_3938861
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received
  1. What are the main differences between the software architecture of PSoC 5LP and PSoC 6 MCU?
  2. Can I port PSoC 5LP firmware directly to a PSoC 6 MCU?
  3. PSoC 5LP has components like Delta Sigma ADC, TIA(Amplifier).. etc, Are they available in PSoC 6? (When i checked for for delta sigma ADC in PSoC 6, i found following discussion: https://community.cypress.com/thread/8302 , Which says its not available)

A brief comparison will be really helpful.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

PSoC5LP firmware and PSoC6 firmware cannot be directly ported. Please have a look at the KBA:Differences Between PSoC 4 and PSoC 6 MCU Software Architecture - KBA220606

This applies for P5LP as well.

Delsig ADC and TIA is not available for PSoC6. SAR ADC is available. Please have a look at the device datasheet for more information.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

PSoC5LP firmware and PSoC6 firmware cannot be directly ported. Please have a look at the KBA:Differences Between PSoC 4 and PSoC 6 MCU Software Architecture - KBA220606

This applies for P5LP as well.

Delsig ADC and TIA is not available for PSoC6. SAR ADC is available. Please have a look at the device datasheet for more information.

Thanks,

Hima

Hello Hima,

Thank you for your response, I was wondering is it possible to program and use the PSoC 5LP present in the PSoC® 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit, When i checked the Architecture i found that the board has a PSoC 5LP device (CY8C5868LTI-LP039) serving as KitProg2(which is a multi-functional system, which includes a programmer, debugger, USB-I2C bridge, USB-UART bridge, and a USB-SPI bridge).

If its possible then are we able to make use the above components in this PSoC 5LP?

Thanks,

Karthik

Hello Karthik,

Yes it is possible to have custom program. Please have a look at the section "Developing Applications for PSoC 5LP" in Kitprog2 user guide: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/kitprog2-user-guide

Thanks,

Hima