Using two analog MUX components in PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
harsh
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Ideally, I would want two Analog mux components to toggle between Tx and Rx connections each (40 Tx and 40 Rx connections). The matrix button feature allows for a maximum of a 5x5 setup but using a multiplexer would allow me to toggle between the Tx and Rx connections. Is there any way to do this in PSoC6?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

As the device have 2 Amuxbus routing resource, you should make sure that none of the other resources are using it. Here the capsense should be using the Amuxbus , resulting in the routing error. You can disable the other blocks and see if the programming build proceeds analog routing step confirm that.  Additionally I am expecting the part you are using to have 82 GPIO pins available to be connected.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Harsh,

Could you please elaborate your request ? PSoC6 has 2 AMuxbus resources connected across the GPIO pins. So if you want to to toggle them dynamically this should be possible. Which is the part you are using ?

Best Regards,

Vasanth

0 Likes
harsh
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

harsh_0-1626979956653.png

My idea was to use two 40x1 multiplexers that would operate on their two respective independent AMuxBus lines but configuring two multiplexers like that gives me an "Analog Routing error." How can I use two multiplexers like that at the same time? I am just a bit confused about how to set these up to not get a routing error.  Please ignore the labelling of the input signals to both the muxes for now.

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi,

As the device have 2 Amuxbus routing resource, you should make sure that none of the other resources are using it. Here the capsense should be using the Amuxbus , resulting in the routing error. You can disable the other blocks and see if the programming build proceeds analog routing step confirm that.  Additionally I am expecting the part you are using to have 82 GPIO pins available to be connected.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes