Unable to connect to PSoC 6 after wrong clock configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used the PSoC Creator 4.2 to create a simple UART application for the PSoC 6. I've changed, through the GUI software, that the PSoC should use Digital Signal" as clock source. Unfortunately now I cannot interface with the PSoC using my SEGGER J-Link debugger. Some info about the setup is provided in the attached pictures. Are there some tricks out there which enables the device again? The PSoC i fed with a 8 MHz clock source which is measured and seems ok.

PSoC6-clock-path.PNGPSoC6-clock-overview.PNGPSoC6-clock-input.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Q: When trying to connect with a J-Link debugger through SEGGER J-Link Commander, the debugger is not able to connect.

Reason: Creator don't support SEGGER J-link.

Can you share the customer board programming interface with us?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

I guess you can try to export your project to the IDE which support the J-linker like IAR .

If you use our kit, you can try to use the kit-prog2 to test the function.

If the board are developed by yourself, you can use our minprog4 to test.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a custom pcb with SWD lines for debugging.

When trying to connect with a J-Link debugger through SEGGER J-Link Commander, the debugger is not able to connect.

I have also now testet with the KitProg2 debugger from a CY8KiT 062 BLE devkit.

The PSoC programmer says

| FAILED! Failed to Acquire Device.

| Please, check the following items:

|  - the connection between the programmer and the PSoC;

|  - the correct programming protocol is selected;

|  - the correct connector option is selected.

I was not able to Erase all flash through the PSoC programmer.

The PSoC6 on the custom pcb us supplied with 3v3.

The clock signal used during testing was a 8MHz signal with an amplitude of 3v0 from a signal generator.

0 Likes

Q: When trying to connect with a J-Link debugger through SEGGER J-Link Commander, the debugger is not able to connect.

Reason: Creator don't support SEGGER J-link.

Can you share the customer board programming interface with us?

0 Likes