USB not appearing in Device Configurator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ryge_3612081
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

I'm reading the ModusToolbox USB Configurator Guide. It says that the USB-project is configured from the Device Configurator.

In my Device Configurator there is no USB option.

Am I missing something?

missing-USB.jpg

From the USB guide there should be a checkbox, as seen in screen shot below:

Source: https://www.cypress.com/file/455251/download

Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 19.03.48.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ryan,

Don't know why you last message was deleted, but the chip on CY8CKIT-062-BLE does not have USB support. It is BLE only. The USB connector is just for debugging.

There is the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT and the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W that both supports USB.

kind regards,

Achim

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please select option "Select Middleware" and then check USB Device option as shown in image below:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi,

are you sure the device has USB support? Can you share the selected Part number?

regards,

Achim

0 Likes

Hi Ryan,

Don't know why you last message was deleted, but the chip on CY8CKIT-062-BLE does not have USB support. It is BLE only. The USB connector is just for debugging.

There is the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT and the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W that both supports USB.

kind regards,

Achim

Thanks!

I understand now.

0 Likes

Hi Achim,

The processor of the CY8CKIT-062-BLE is the PSoC 63. And the datasheet for PSoC 63 says the following:

USB Full-Speed Dual Role Host and Device Interface

PSoC 63 incorporates a dual-role USB Host and Device interface. The device can have up to eight endpoints. A 512byte SRAM buffer is provided and DMA is supported.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385921/download

(This description is identical to the USB section of the PSoC 62 datasheet)

Does this mean the PSoC 63 part supports USB - but it is not implemented on the CY8CKIT-062-BLE dev kit?

Or am I misunderstanding the Datasheet?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Ryan

0 Likes

PSoC63 on CY8CKIT-062-BLE doesn't has USB