Trying to create a custom BLE service, but the config file is being overwritten since it is generated source.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alca_3047856
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

I am trying to create a custom BLE service, but the file that is generated: BLE_custom_config.c does not contain the .callbackFunc that I need.  I modify that file, and a few other generated source files(cy_ble_gap.c) to make my custom service work, but after building or doing some changes, psoc creator then overwrites my changes.  Does anyone know the exact process and which files need to be created for making a custom BLE service?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

You don't need to modify those to files to create a custom BLE service. Please refer to the following code examples that use custom services for details of how to create custom services simply using BLE component settings and APIs:

CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface | Cypress ...

CE218135 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with Proximity | Cypress Semic...  (even simpler example)

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

You don't need to modify those to files to create a custom BLE service. Please refer to the following code examples that use custom services for details of how to create custom services simply using BLE component settings and APIs:

CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface | Cypress ...

CE218135 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with Proximity | Cypress Semic...  (even simpler example)

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes