Thingworx C-SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LaRe_4294696
Level 1
Level 1

I have just purchased a PSoC6 dev kit. Has anyone in this community installed the Thingworx SDK and got it set up and connected to Thingworx?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Sorry, we do not have examples or threads for reference. But the examples with the Thingworx C SDK should be a good place to start. I couldn't find the files which actually interact with the hardware but those files need to be modified to interact with our peripheral driver library (PDL).

I have never used Thingworx before and am not sure how the integration process with any MCU would be, but I think you will have to write a abstraction layer on top our PDL which interacts with the Thingworx C SDK and this is going to be difficult and time consuming.

If your application needs to send data to cloud, I would suggest you looking into code example: AWS_IoT_Publish_Subscribe_Code_Examples - This repository contains the code examples and ... | Mbed

It uses mbed-os and sends data to the Internet thing in AWS Cloud using an MQTT channel. This is very easy to begin with and mbed-os has a fairly simple learning curve. More information here​.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Sorry, we do not have examples or threads for reference. But the examples with the Thingworx C SDK should be a good place to start. I couldn't find the files which actually interact with the hardware but those files need to be modified to interact with our peripheral driver library (PDL).

I have never used Thingworx before and am not sure how the integration process with any MCU would be, but I think you will have to write a abstraction layer on top our PDL which interacts with the Thingworx C SDK and this is going to be difficult and time consuming.

If your application needs to send data to cloud, I would suggest you looking into code example: AWS_IoT_Publish_Subscribe_Code_Examples - This repository contains the code examples and ... | Mbed

It uses mbed-os and sends data to the Internet thing in AWS Cloud using an MQTT channel. This is very easy to begin with and mbed-os has a fairly simple learning curve. More information here​.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes