Successful programming but debug fails (PSOC Creator Error dbg.M0006)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiTa_288331
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello,

I'm using the PSOC 6 BLE Pioneer kit CY8CKIT-062.

I have a simple program that I'm trying to run for debugging purposes.  I CAN get the program to flash:

Device 'PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 (CM4)' was successfully programmed at 09/01/2019 15:45:01.

But I can't get the debugger to start after that:

The start request failed. Encountered error (The processor failed to enter the debug state. Ensure that the selected processor is enabled.)

What am I doing wrong here?

0 Likes
1 Solution

It sounds like you're using an older version of PSoC Programmer which has a bug discussed in this thread:

Debug the CM4 core

Update PSoC Programmer from the Cypress Update Manager and you shouldn't have any issue debugging with PDL 3.1.0.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

It is possibly because the target debug cm4 core is not enabled in your code. Please select the specific debug target core through navigating to tag 'Debug' -> 'Selet Debug Target', to match the core enabled in project code.

0 Likes

Greetings!  Thank you for your help!

--> Just an update, I switched my project over to the UART_printf example project (CE223001), just to have a known "good" project to work with.

When I click the debug button, I have to debug targets to pick from.  I select the "CM0p" target (M0 core), and it DOES go into debugging mode.  When I click the "CM4" target, it programs but does NOT go into debug mode.

When the UART_printf example project is running, there is a global variable "count" (declared in the M4 code) that I want to view in the watch window.  If I try to add this variable to the watch window, I get "the name 'count' does not exist in the current context".

How can I view M4 variables in the debugger, it it seems that I have to run the debugger in the M0+ core?

0 Likes

UPDATE: Okay, when I revert from PDL 3.1.0 back to PDL 3.0.4, the M4 core debug now WORKS.

It sounds like you're using an older version of PSoC Programmer which has a bug discussed in this thread:

Debug the CM4 core

Update PSoC Programmer from the Cypress Update Manager and you shouldn't have any issue debugging with PDL 3.1.0.

0 Likes