cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 6 MCU

RiTa_288331
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using the PSOC 6 BLE Pioneer kit CY8CKIT-062.

I have a simple program that I'm trying to run for debugging purposes.  I CAN get the program to flash:

Device 'PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 (CM4)' was successfully programmed at 09/01/2019 15:45:01.

But I can't get the debugger to start after that:

The start request failed. Encountered error (The processor failed to enter the debug state. Ensure that the selected processor is enabled.)

What am I doing wrong here?

0 Likes
1 Solution
EuGe_296116
Contributor II

It sounds like you're using an older version of PSoC Programmer which has a bug discussed in this thread:

Debug the CM4 core

Update PSoC Programmer from the Cypress Update Manager and you shouldn't have any issue debugging with PDL 3.1.0.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShipingW_81

It is possibly because the target debug cm4 core is not enabled in your code. Please select the specific debug target core through navigating to tag 'Debug' -> 'Selet Debug Target', to match the core enabled in project code.

0 Likes
RiTa_288331
New Contributor II

Greetings!  Thank you for your help!

--> Just an update, I switched my project over to the UART_printf example project (CE223001), just to have a known "good" project to work with.

When I click the debug button, I have to debug targets to pick from.  I select the "CM0p" target (M0 core), and it DOES go into debugging mode.  When I click the "CM4" target, it programs but does NOT go into debug mode.

When the UART_printf example project is running, there is a global variable "count" (declared in the M4 code) that I want to view in the watch window.  If I try to add this variable to the watch window, I get "the name 'count' does not exist in the current context".

How can I view M4 variables in the debugger, it it seems that I have to run the debugger in the M0+ core?

0 Likes
RiTa_288331
New Contributor II

UPDATE: Okay, when I revert from PDL 3.1.0 back to PDL 3.0.4, the M4 core debug now WORKS.

EuGe_296116
Contributor II

It sounds like you're using an older version of PSoC Programmer which has a bug discussed in this thread:

Debug the CM4 core

Update PSoC Programmer from the Cypress Update Manager and you shouldn't have any issue debugging with PDL 3.1.0.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Top labels