SPP for CY8CKIT-062-BT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SiJe_2046941
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to get a SPP profile implemented for the CY8CKIT-062-BT using Murata LBEE5KL1DX-883 module. I would like to know if there is an example for SPP to be implemented using two units of CY8CKIT-062-BT. I am working on an application where I would like to replace a wired serial port connection by 2 units of CY8CKIT-062-BT. The wired connection runs at 0.5MBPS.

Any feedback/comments appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Serial Port Profile is a Bluetooth classic profile. It is not available as a standard profile in BLE. Therefore, you'll have to create a custom BLE profile and make a connection between two BLE devices.

Please look at the "CE222046_Throughput_Measurement" example project in the PSoC Creator to understand how to transfer high throughput data over BLE custom service on PSoC6.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Serial Port Profile is a Bluetooth classic profile. It is not available as a standard profile in BLE. Therefore, you'll have to create a custom BLE profile and make a connection between two BLE devices.

Please look at the "CE222046_Throughput_Measurement" example project in the PSoC Creator to understand how to transfer high throughput data over BLE custom service on PSoC6.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes