SPI Slave Input connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ersc_4728176
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Dear sirs,

I am having trouble with the attached schematic design. The fitter fails due to the following errors:

Error: mpr.M0142: Invalid connection for output "\SSI_SPI:SCB\:spi_clk" connected to "\SSI_Reset:TCPWM\:reload". (App=cydsfit)
Error: mpr.M0142: Invalid connection for output "\SSI_SPI:SCB\:spi_clk" connected to "\SSI_Reset:TCPWM\:start". (App=cydsfit)

The problem occurs on the "Output Emulation" Schematic page, and relates to the SPI Slave named SSI_SPI and its related hardware connections. The error messages are especially concerning, because the SPI is configured as a slave and as such, the PSI_CLK should be an input, not an output. I have similar problems when I try to connect anything other than a logic "0" (for example a D flip-flop) to the SS input of the SPI block, I get

Error: ddb.M2006: Signal "Net_5900" driven more than once. (App=psoc_creator)
Error: ddb.M2006: Signal "Net_5900" driven more than once. (App=psoc_creator)

If anyone can help me see what I am doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Note: The software compile will not finish as I have omitted most of the C files according to company policy).

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Dear Eric-san,

I tried your project.

And it seems that PSoC Creator is having hard time to find a signal path from Ebdat_sclk to both SSI_SPI->s_sclk and

SSI_Reset->Start, SSI_Reset_reload.

So I modified your schematic as below then I could let PSoC Creator generate application.

(This works only if you can allow to have an extra input pin and short Endat_sclk and Pin_1 externally though.

I'm assuming that this part is only for testing/emulating an external device.)

001-modified-schematic.JPG

Best Regards,

15-Jan-2021

Motoo Tanaka

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Dear Eric-san,

I tried your project.

And it seems that PSoC Creator is having hard time to find a signal path from Ebdat_sclk to both SSI_SPI->s_sclk and

SSI_Reset->Start, SSI_Reset_reload.

So I modified your schematic as below then I could let PSoC Creator generate application.

(This works only if you can allow to have an extra input pin and short Endat_sclk and Pin_1 externally though.

I'm assuming that this part is only for testing/emulating an external device.)

001-modified-schematic.JPG

Best Regards,

15-Jan-2021

Motoo Tanaka

0 Likes
ersc_4728176
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Thank you Motoo-san,

I thought it might be something like that. Using a spare pin is a good suggestion, I will update the hardware layout to do it that way.

-=Eric Schumann