SMIF Configuration Tool generates bad code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use browse in the SMIF configuration tool under the memory part number drop down box to select your own configuration file, the tool adds an asterisk in front of the part number that is passed on to the generated code.  All the variables are converted to pointers.  Nothing good follows.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Really sorry for the inconvenience. I already found this issue and raised a ticket to get it fixed.

As a workaround, you can go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\tools\win\smif_config\memory" folder and then copy-paste an existing ".cymem" file (may be the one that closely matches your device). You can simply right-click and edit the ".cymem" file in any text editor. Once you have edited, you can then load the memory configuration to the SMIF config tool.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Really sorry for the inconvenience. I already found this issue and raised a ticket to get it fixed.

As a workaround, you can go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\tools\win\smif_config\memory" folder and then copy-paste an existing ".cymem" file (may be the one that closely matches your device). You can simply right-click and edit the ".cymem" file in any text editor. Once you have edited, you can then load the memory configuration to the SMIF config tool.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly what we did.  Thanks.

0 Likes