SCB4 not working?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
trstc_4056926
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I am trying to use the CY8CKIT-062 - BLE to have UART on pins 8.0 and pins 8.1.  So I took the simple UART printf  example code and change the TX pin to be 8.1 in the TopDesign.cysch and rebuilt it.   Once I rebuilt and programmed the part pin 8.1 never toggles or changes.  Does anyone know if this is a known bug?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

For different board revision, silicon ES version is different i think.  For production, you won't get the ES silicon.

Did you solder R100 on your board when you monitor signal on P8[1]?  This resister is not load by default.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

I think maybe the PDL version you used is not compatible with the 062-BLE board. If the board revision is 11, please change to use PDL 3.0.1 or PDL 3.0.4.

Capture.JPG

1.jpg

0 Likes

Is this because of a silicon change between boards? If so how do we know which to use in production?

0 Likes

Changing the PDL version did not fix the problem. 

0 Likes

I have tried a rev13 board with 3.0.1 and it does not work. Rev11 board with 3.0.1 does not work either.

0 Likes

I tried turning 8.1 into a GPIO and drive high and it does not work either.

Is there something with the cap sense pins that need to be reconfigured.

0 Likes

For different board revision, silicon ES version is different i think.  For production, you won't get the ES silicon.

Did you solder R100 on your board when you monitor signal on P8[1]?  This resister is not load by default.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

Thanks,

I was not use to "No Load" as meaning not populated and since the resistor had a value I assumed it was populated.  I asked another engineer and he said he had found the same problems and assumed he fried the driver on the chip. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes