Re: Does blowing the eFuse require 2.5V or at least 2.5V? (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

As a follow on to this closed thread: Does blowing the eFuse require 2.5V or at least 2.5V?

The datasheet says VDDIO0 but AN221111 says VDDD.  Which one is correct?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi

The EFUSE bits are guaranteed to be programmed only when the voltage on the VDDIO0 pin is 2.5 volts. At other voltages the EFUSE bits may be programmed but not guaranteed by Cypress.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi Jhu,

That is indeed a good question and I don't have the answer. As nobody answered this thread when I created it, it's probably better for you to create a new thread.

0 Likes

I got a response from Cypress that it should be VDDIO0.  I did some tests and it seems I can program the eFuse regardless of the voltage.  I tried on the BLE Pioneer board at 1.8V and 3.3V and my own board at 1.8V and all were able to program.  Has anyone seen eFuse programming fail because of bad voltage and at what voltage?

Hi

The EFUSE bits are guaranteed to be programmed only when the voltage on the VDDIO0 pin is 2.5 volts. At other voltages the EFUSE bits may be programmed but not guaranteed by Cypress.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes