Psoc63 CM4 debug not start

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AtMa_1632481
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like given Welcome!

Hi Everyone,

I have a same issue  as Debug the CM4 core

Programming successfull debug fails:

psoc creator error dbg.0006

I am using P6 BLE pioneer kit

I have PSoC Creator 4.4, The latest PDL 3.1.3 and psoc Prorammer version is 3.29.0.

I've tried the workaround as well with the infinite loop. The device stoped, but "nowhere". I mean: Not in the infinite loop. I saw the disassemly window, and line -1

then i pressed step into in debug window,  I got another error:

psoc creator error dbg.0007

the run request failed encountered error (cannot find bounds of current function)

The request to run the application on the target failed. Make sure that your code is valid and that the selected target supports debugging.

Could somebody help with any good advise please?

Many thanks in advance!

Attila

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Attila,

• Can you please try debugging one of PSoC 6 code example and let us know if you face the same issue with the Code example as well?
  • Please let us know if you are using a custom board or one of Cypress PSoC 63 kits?
  • Kindly share your project, this would help us to recreate the issue at our end.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hi Ekta,

I am using PSoC6 BLE pioneer kit. Cy8ckit-062-ble. I've tried the sample projects as well. I tried sample /example project which use unly CM0 its fine. When any FW uses CM4 the debug halts in the beginning. I tried also to use an example with only CM4 and put some code to the CM4. And i tried to debug there, and this code also halted with the same error.

I'm afraid I cannot share here the project as it is an Arrow ESC project and confidential (as far as I know here anybody can see it)

Could you please advise a  channel where i could share it?

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Attila

0 Likes

You can share the Project within an SFDC case Attila.

When you create the case, include a reference to this thread.

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Attila,

• Since you are able to reproduce the error with the cypress provided code examples also, it seems that this issue might not be related to your project.
  • You had mentioned in your first post that "Programming successful debug fails". Does this mean that you are able the program the board successfully and the code runs properly, the issue only occurs while debugging?
  • Could you please provide a screenshot of the error that you are getting and point in the code where the code gets stuck while debugging?
  • Is is possible for you to reproduce the issue using another kit?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

May be I'm missing some points, but I wonder with which core are you starting the debugger?

When I start a debugger for PSoC 6 in PSoC Creator, the first dialog shows two choice

Note: Somehow I can not upload image right now, so I will try with text

[-] KitProg3 (CMSIS-DAP/BULK/xxx)

PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 (CM0p)

PSoC 63 CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 (CM4)

If I select (CM0p) I can debug main_cm0p.c but I can not debug main_cm4.c.

And if I select (CM4) I can debug main_cm4.c but main_cm0p is already running even before I select resume button in the debugger.

moto

P.S. With my sample program below, you can try switching between cm0p and cm4 without debugger.

Although, I think this could be a rare case,  in case you cm4 core is dead, you will not receive "CM4:>" prompt

when you type "cm4" at the initial prompt of "CM0P:>"

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Code-Examples/MCU-Tester-a-Swiss-Army-Knife-for-PSoC-CY8CKIT-062-BL...

0 Likes