PsoC 6 and PsoC 4 central and peripheral connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hiyusuf
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi, 

I have a device with a Cypress PsoC4 that is running the UART_to_BLE_Central project in PsoC Creator. And I have a device with Cypress CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit that is running BLE_Hello_Sensor in WICED Studio. However, the devices do not pair. I can connect to the BLE_Hello_Sensor project from the phone. 

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

BLE_Hello_Sensor project won't have the security, so you need to add the security related code in the project. Please refer to this link for list of projects  which might be helpful for your application. 
UART_to_BLE_Central project also won't have any security code,  so you can refer to the BLE_4.2_Datalength_security code example from the PSoC Creator for more information on adding the security features for PSoC4 BLE device. Also, you can refer to the DAY_015_Bonding, DAY_016_Authentication code examples from the GitHub.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

BLE_Hello_Sensor project won't have the security, so you need to add the security related code in the project. Please refer to this link for list of projects  which might be helpful for your application. 
UART_to_BLE_Central project also won't have any security code,  so you can refer to the BLE_4.2_Datalength_security code example from the PSoC Creator for more information on adding the security features for PSoC4 BLE device. Also, you can refer to the DAY_015_Bonding, DAY_016_Authentication code examples from the GitHub.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes