Porting an LVGL project made for PSoC5LP to PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
andrew-elsayeh
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello, I would like to use the LVGL GUI library in a project with a PSoC6 and an ILI9341. I asked on the LVGL Forum how I can get started, and someone was nice enough to share their own project with me which also uses LVGL and an ILI9341 Display, but it's for PSoC5LP

Here's a link to the project: https://github.com/C47D/psoc_lvgl

I would like to do something similar but using PSoC6

He uses PSoC Creator, so to me the project structure is a little unclear. I'm still trying to differentiate between the generated source code, and the code he wrote himself. I'm guessing the generated code won't be too difficult, I'd need to have the same components, and PSoC Creator will generate PSoC6 compatible code. However, I guess I need to change the code he wrote to be compatible with the PSoC6.

Any idea how I can go about this? Where should I start with rewriting this for PSoC6 , is havingthe PSoC5LP Project even a good start?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @andrew-elsayeh ,

PSoC6 uses PDL APIs, unlike PSoC5 where it uses component-based APIs.  But the logic behind implementing the library still remains the same, so you can start by creating a new PSoC6 project and replicating the same using PSoC6 PDL APIs. 

Which PSoC6 kit are you using? We offer the emwin graphics library as a middleware for use directly in the project if you want to switch to this. The driver ILI9341 is supported by emwin. You can find more details here 

We have a blog post explaining how you can interface ILI9341 with PSoC6 using EmWin here for reference. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @andrew-elsayeh ,

PSoC6 uses PDL APIs, unlike PSoC5 where it uses component-based APIs.  But the logic behind implementing the library still remains the same, so you can start by creating a new PSoC6 project and replicating the same using PSoC6 PDL APIs. 

Which PSoC6 kit are you using? We offer the emwin graphics library as a middleware for use directly in the project if you want to switch to this. The driver ILI9341 is supported by emwin. You can find more details here 

We have a blog post explaining how you can interface ILI9341 with PSoC6 using EmWin here for reference. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes