Port Acquired failed in PSOC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeSh_1984591
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I have custom designed a board having CY8C6137BZI-F14  chip. I have made the connection as per the diagram attached. I am using MiniProg3 programmer (10 Pin Connector). It is able to detect the power but unable to acquire the port. I have attached the reference pictures for clear understanding.

I tried all modes, SWD, JTAG, Reset Mode, Power Cycle Mode, Lowering the Frequency, nothing worked.

Can Anyone Help?

@BragadeeshV 

@Len_CONSULTRON 

-Kevin

PSOC Programmer.pngSelect Debug Target.pngPSOC Prog Connection.pngError.pngPSOC Prog Connection.png

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Kevin, 

When the device cannot be acquired, we generally check for the schematics of the custom board. Would it be possible for you to share your schematics?

As you are able to connect to MiniProg3, your MiniProg3 should be working as expected. But just to confirm, can you please try programming a Cypress kit with the MiniProg3 device?

Is the board powered using the MiniProg3 device? If so, can you try externally powering the device and let me know if that makes a difference?

Also, what is the length of the programming cable that you have used?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Please find the schematic of  the PSOC Section. 

I tried both the ways programming the board with external supply and providing from MiniProg3. Neither worked.

Note that I have not provided the 1.8V supply in schematic but it seems it is not require as it goes in vdda bank.

About the length of programming cable; I am using all the cables provided to me in MiniProg3 kit. 

-Kevin

0 Likes

Hi @Rakshith 

Today's update:

I checked as per your suggestion, and tested the programmer in PSOC kit and it worked. 

I also, checked the bare PCB shorting, everything is fine. Layout is also fine. 

Can you suggest something?

0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @KeSh_1984591,

> Could you confirm if your miniprog3 is able to program a cypress kit?

> It is recommended to connect 4.7uF to VCCD.

> Could you verify if the VCCD pin reads 1.8V when powered up?

> In PSoC Programmer, could you verify if "erase flash" works with your device? While doing so, do not have any external connections or shield connected to your device. Let the device be bare when the "erase flash" operation is done.

ncbs_0-1620662292117.png

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @KeSh_1984591,

The thread was locked due to inactivity for a long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes