cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 6 MCU

Contributor II

I want to change the lifecycle stage with Cypress Programmer CLI the same way I can do it with the PSoC Programmer COM API PSoC6_WriteProtection().  I just want to change lifecycle to secure and modify nothing else related to protection.  I think one way to do it is with psoc6 allow_efuse_program <on> and then program a hex file with the efuse bit for secure set to 1.  I don't want to destroy any boards testing this.  Can someone give me a tested solution for CY8C6247FTI-D52?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please note that before blowing the eFuse, programming tools are doing several additional things while transitioning the chip to SECURE. Refer to the programming specifications for the flow (see Section "5.13 Step 10 - Program eFuse") here.

Having the lifecycle bit set in the hex file should work if the FACTORY_HASH and FACTORY_HASH_ZEROS are correct. However, the tool will also blow the SECURE_HASH and SECURE_HASH_ZEROS, not only the lifecycle fuse.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Please note that before blowing the eFuse, programming tools are doing several additional things while transitioning the chip to SECURE. Refer to the programming specifications for the flow (see Section "5.13 Step 10 - Program eFuse") here.

Having the lifecycle bit set in the hex file should work if the FACTORY_HASH and FACTORY_HASH_ZEROS are correct. However, the tool will also blow the SECURE_HASH and SECURE_HASH_ZEROS, not only the lifecycle fuse.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Top labels