PSoC6 ModusToolBox - Add example PSoC6DualCpuBlinky - How to...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiRo_2451781
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi there

I'm struggling adding a simple dual core example. I found the example CE216795_PSoC6CualCPU that included two examples. Choosing "PSoC6DualCpuBlinky" it contains 2 sources (one for the cm0p and one for the cm4) and some make files.

So I opened ModusToolbox and clicked on "New Application". There I selected my DevBoard (PioneerKit CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT) and set up a Dual-CPU_Empty_PSoC6_App.

Now I guess I need to replace the "main.c" failes, but where do I put the "design.modus", makefile.init", "modus.mk" and the "makefile"?

Thx for any help.

Cheers Nik

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @NiRo_2451781,

Let me clear out the confusion for you. The Code Example CE216795 PSoC6 Dual CPU is compatible only with older version of ModusToolbox v1.0. 

I assume you have the newer ModusToolbox 2.2 version. Please click New Application > Choose CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT > Dual-CPU empty PSoC6 App as shown below:

DheerajK_81_0-1610424716619.png

When the app gets created, you will find your project directory and another folder called "mtb_shared". This is a folder that contains libraries of BSPs, middleware's etc that can be shared across projects in your workspace. 

The readme.md file provides instructions about how the project can be used. Please let me know if you have queries on that. 

To build your application on the CM0p, in case you are using the device configurator, you need to edit the Makefile in the cm0p_app and add the following:

DheerajK_81_0-1610442730474.png

Hope this helps  🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @NiRo_2451781,

Let me clear out the confusion for you. The Code Example CE216795 PSoC6 Dual CPU is compatible only with older version of ModusToolbox v1.0. 

I assume you have the newer ModusToolbox 2.2 version. Please click New Application > Choose CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT > Dual-CPU empty PSoC6 App as shown below:

DheerajK_81_0-1610424716619.png

When the app gets created, you will find your project directory and another folder called "mtb_shared". This is a folder that contains libraries of BSPs, middleware's etc that can be shared across projects in your workspace. 

The readme.md file provides instructions about how the project can be used. Please let me know if you have queries on that. 

To build your application on the CM0p, in case you are using the device configurator, you need to edit the Makefile in the cm0p_app and add the following:

DheerajK_81_0-1610442730474.png

Hope this helps  🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

NiRo_2451781
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Thx for your support Dheeraj.

Now I am getting forward.

0 Likes