PSoC6 Flash endurance

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoNo_3680556
Level 1
Level 1

The CY8C63x6/CY8C63x7 datasheet (002-18787 Rev. *K) mentions a flash endurance of 100K cycles, while the CY8C63x6/CY8C63x7 TRM (002-18176 Rev. *I) mentions an endurance of 10K cycles.

Also the TRM mentions 'one block that can be used for EEPROM emulation for longer retention'. Is this longer retention due the EEPROM emulation method or due the fact it's the AUXilary flash block?

Can someone clear this up?

Thanks!

Rolf

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The minimum is 10K and maximum is 100K.

We have informed our internal team and they will modify the value to 100K in the TRM.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

The flash endurance mentioned in the datasheet is correct i.e lash endurance of 100K cycles.

The auxiliary flash is dedicated to store the user data.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

So the TRM is incorrect?

Also regarding my second question:

The TRM mentions 'one block that can be used for EEPROM emulation for longer retention'. Is this longer retention due the EEPROM emulation method or due the fact it's the AUXilary flash block?

Regards,

Rolf

0 Likes

Hi,

The data mentioned in the TRM is also correct.

Flash endurance is same for auxiliary flash and application flash, we recommend the customers to use auxiliary flash because it is independent and application flash will be used for programming and writing to one block of flash effects the endurance of other block of flash. This is also mentioned in TRM.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

This is what I don't get:

- the TRM mentions a minimum of 10K program cycles

- the datasheet mentions a minimum of 100K cycles

I understand that if a minimum of 100K cycles is guaranteed, 10K is also guaranteed. But why is the TRM mentioning 10K while it is 100K?

0 Likes

Hi,

The minimum is 10K and maximum is 100K.

We have informed our internal team and they will modify the value to 100K in the TRM.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes