PSoC6 BLE connection range

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBr_4777916
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Testing BLE connection links between devices using the PSoC6 MCU.  The connection range (i.e. distance at which supervision timeout occurs) appears to be significantly longer when only two devices are networked together than when five devices are networked together.   Is this to be expected?  I was under the impression that connection range would not change as more devices are added to a BLE network if the radio TX power is not changing.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please check with the "PSoC6_BLE_MultiSlave and BLE_Multi_Mater_Single_Slave" code examples in the PSoC Creator and let us know your observations.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please check with the "PSoC6_BLE_MultiSlave and BLE_Multi_Mater_Single_Slave" code examples in the PSoC Creator and let us know your observations.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
DaBr_4777916
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I used the BLE_Multi_Master_Single_Slave project to connect one PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit (master) to four other Pioneer Kits (slaves), and tested the distance at which connection dropped to one of the devices due to supervision timeout of 1 second.   This connection drop distance I observed was approximately 15-20% less than the distance at which connection drop occurred when the master was connected to one slave device instead of four.

0 Likes