PSoC Creator vs. WICED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KlZo_3306126
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hello @ll,

I have a question about PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Guide:

2. PSoC Creator

This chapter describes the steps to install PSoC Creator and the packages required to use the

PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit, for non WiFi applications. This includes the IDE on which the projects

will be built and used for programming. For developing WiFi applications, WICED Studio 6.1 or later

must be used.

The text in front told that a WIFI application is only posible with WICED and not in PSoC-Creator.

So I not happy about this. I like the PSoC Creator, it is a simple and powerful tool.

The PSoC concept stands and falls with PSoC-Creator.

But at my point of view with WICED Studio this easy way was lost.

Is it possble to use CPU-m0 for WiFi, designed with WICED and CPU-m4 for application, designed

with PSoC-Creator? Is an solution planed in next time to developing WIFI applications in PSoC-Creator?

Thankyou for your answers in advance

Regards

Klaus

1 Solution
ToddD_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

There are no plans to add WiFi support to PSoC Creator. The plan is to integrate PSoC and WiFi functionality into Cypress' new tool ModusToolbox

http://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-integrated-design-environment-ide

Modus is a cross platform eclipse based IDE. It will provide tools to easily configure the PSoC peripheral and add in WiCED WiFi support. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToddD_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

There are no plans to add WiFi support to PSoC Creator. The plan is to integrate PSoC and WiFi functionality into Cypress' new tool ModusToolbox

http://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-integrated-design-environment-ide

Modus is a cross platform eclipse based IDE. It will provide tools to easily configure the PSoC peripheral and add in WiCED WiFi support. 

Thank you tdu for your answer.

Can you tell me wich MCU (cm0 or cm4) are used in the example snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run ?

Is it possble to use CPU-m0 for WiFi, designed with WICED and CPU-m4 for application and use WiFi from cm4 over cm0?

Regards Klaus

0 Likes

The CM4 is used. Today there is only support for the CM4 in WiCED. The CM0 is put to sleep. Also WiCED only supports building for the CM4.

0 Likes

I fully agree with Klaus, Wiced should be rolled into Creator. Creator has support for Emwin graphics and component creation. It is a shame to start over with yet another antiquated tool. Using Make files is so last century, it should be hidden. I have created so many successful products with Creator.