PSoC 62 USB problem on custom board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I designed my own board but on some units the USB has a problem.  When I enable USB through software the D+ line does not go to 3.3V when I measure without connecting USB to host.  When host is connected it cannot enumerate.  Across 4 bad boards the voltage varies from 0.6-3.0V.  I checked VDDUSB is 3.3V.  Everything else on the board works like SPI, capsense, and UART.  These boards draw an extra 20mA current compared to good boards.  I did x-rays on the boards and cannot find any shorts.  What can be the problem?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Power off the board, try to measure the resistance between D+/D- and GND, if current path is exist, the resistance should be different with normal board.

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Are you using the internal LDO or BUCK as power regulator? If you are using BUCK, try to use LDO. There is a current limit when using BUCK.

0 Likes

I am using LDO.  The resistance to D+ is 4Mohm on good board and around 10Mohm on bad board.  I will try to find any shorts.

0 Likes

How about the result, did you find any shorts?

0 Likes

I could not find any shorts.  I think some components were damaged.  The boards were working once but became bad after some modifications.

0 Likes