[PSoC 62 CY8C62x8/A] Clock speed of internal SRAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShYa_3490236
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,

Regarding PSoC62 CY8C62x8/A, could you please tell me the clock speed of internal SRAM?

Also please let me know if the frequency is different for each product number or SRAM blocks.

Best regards,

Shohei

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Yes, it has a clock speed.

Any chip that data has to go into or out of has a clock speed.

No exceptions. I'm looking at the clock speed on a data sheet for a generic SRAM chip, the clock speed is around 4.4 nano-seconds.

Any chip that has data go into or out of has a latency.

No exceptions. Just in some situations that latency is so small that it does not matter. Latency is defined as a time delay, since SRAM does not have CAS latency I would assume you are reffereing to the latency between when the clock pulsed and when data was output.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Yes, it has a clock speed.

Any chip that data has to go into or out of has a clock speed.

No exceptions. I'm looking at the clock speed on a data sheet for a generic SRAM chip, the clock speed is around 4.4 nano-seconds.

Any chip that has data go into or out of has a latency.

No exceptions. Just in some situations that latency is so small that it does not matter. Latency is defined as a time delay, since SRAM does not have CAS latency I would assume you are reffereing to the latency between when the clock pulsed and when data was output.

ShYa_3490236
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi LinglingG_46,

I understand. Thank you for your explanation.

Best regards,

Shohei

0 Likes