cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 6 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit which doesn't seem to work.

I tried to upload several example projects without success. If I try to program something on my own (just a LED blinking) it works.

Currently I am trying to use the Eink capsense example project. With debugging I found out that on startup the device doesn't initialise.

When I got to line 198 in cyfitter_cfg.c - Cy_SysClk_ClkTimerSetSource(CY_SYSCLK_CLKTIMER_IN_IMO); it goes to Fault_Handler (startup_psoc63_cm0plus.s line 347) and on line 350 - tst r0, r1 it opens Disassembly and from then on I am lost.

What to do to make this (and other) example work?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Employee

Thanks for the info. I'll send a direct message for initiating the RMA process.

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Employee

Hello,

Can you please install the latest PSoC Creator from :PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 Announcement!  if not already done,  and try one of the code examples from: http://www.cypress.com/psoc6ce

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Already done. The first thing was to make sure all of the latest versions were installed.

0 Likes
Employee

Can you please also try a  simpler code example such as CE212736 - PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity - Find Me | Cypress Semiconductor  and see if the issue persists ?

Thanks

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the example and also reinstalled the IDE (just to be sure) and it doesn't work.

The example did manage to light up the LED in green but I couldn't connect to it via bluetooth.

0 Likes
Employee

Can you please let us know the revision of the kit ? It's at the back side of the box as the attached image shows:

Kit_Rev.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says:

CY8CKIT-062-BLE Rev *B

1748SO01554

I forgot to mention that the device came with a preloaded example and that was working. The problems started when I tried to upload a example project (I followed the provided instructions).

0 Likes
Employee

Just to make sure that hardware is still OK, can you please program the attached hex file and see if it works ?

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't work. So there is probably a hardware problem?

I'm not sure how this happened since the first thing I tried to upload was an example project (the same one that you just send),and since then it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Employee

I've attached a hex file of the same project with an additional feature that can be used to view debug messages through UART using a serial port terminal emulator such as Tera Term. After programming PSoC 6 MCU with the attached hex file, you should set up a serial port terminal emulator with these settings to view the debug information:

• Baud rate :  115200

• Data size :  8-bit

• Parity :  None

• Stop        :  1-bit

• Flow Control :  None

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

Reset to view the debug information:

pastedImage_5.png

Please copy / paste this information to a post so that we can figure out which block is failing.

-Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't seem to work. I get no output.

As I said in the first post, I don't think the MCU even initialises so no user code is executed.

0 Likes
Employee

Thanks for the info. I'll send a direct message for initiating the RMA process.

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Top labels