PSoC 6 not starting up - doesn't initialise

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit which doesn't seem to work.

I tried to upload several example projects without success. If I try to program something on my own (just a LED blinking) it works.

Currently I am trying to use the Eink capsense example project. With debugging I found out that on startup the device doesn't initialise.

When I got to line 198 in cyfitter_cfg.c - Cy_SysClk_ClkTimerSetSource(CY_SYSCLK_CLKTIMER_IN_IMO); it goes to Fault_Handler (startup_psoc63_cm0plus.s line 347) and on line 350 - tst r0, r1 it opens Disassembly and from then on I am lost.

What to do to make this (and other) example work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for the info. I'll send a direct message for initiating the RMA process.

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

Can you please install the latest PSoC Creator from :PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 Announcement!  if not already done,  and try one of the code examples from: http://www.cypress.com/psoc6ce

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Already done. The first thing was to make sure all of the latest versions were installed.

0 Likes
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee

Can you please also try a  simpler code example such as CE212736 - PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity - Find Me | Cypress Semiconductor  and see if the issue persists ?

Thanks

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the example and also reinstalled the IDE (just to be sure) and it doesn't work.

The example did manage to light up the LED in green but I couldn't connect to it via bluetooth.

0 Likes
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee

Can you please let us know the revision of the kit ? It's at the back side of the box as the attached image shows:

Kit_Rev.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says:

CY8CKIT-062-BLE Rev *B

1748SO01554

I forgot to mention that the device came with a preloaded example and that was working. The problems started when I tried to upload a example project (I followed the provided instructions).

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Just to make sure that hardware is still OK, can you please program the attached hex file and see if it works ?

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't work. So there is probably a hardware problem?

I'm not sure how this happened since the first thing I tried to upload was an example project (the same one that you just send),and since then it doesn't work.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I've attached a hex file of the same project with an additional feature that can be used to view debug messages through UART using a serial port terminal emulator such as Tera Term. After programming PSoC 6 MCU with the attached hex file, you should set up a serial port terminal emulator with these settings to view the debug information:

• Baud rate :  115200

• Data size :  8-bit

• Parity :  None

• Stop        :  1-bit

• Flow Control :  None

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

Reset to view the debug information:

pastedImage_5.png

Please copy / paste this information to a post so that we can figure out which block is failing.

-Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't seem to work. I get no output.

As I said in the first post, I don't think the MCU even initialises so no user code is executed.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info. I'll send a direct message for initiating the RMA process.

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes