PSoC 6 Wifi-BT Pioneer Kit example code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I have a brand new kit from Arrow.

I am trying out some of the example apps, particularly the CE220335 BLE Eddystone project. I get this error when trying to debug:

The selected debug target 'CY8C6247BZI-D54' is not compatible with the project's selected device 'CY8C6347BZI-BLD53'.

So, I changed the device to CY8C6247BZI-D54 and get the following error using clean/build:

cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath "C:\Users\tpeterson\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.2" -.fdsnotice -.fdswarpdepfile=warp_dependencies.txt -.fdselabdepfile=elab_dependencies.txt -.fdsbldfile=generated_files.txt -.fdsreffile=referenced_files.txt -p C:\development\cypress\workspace\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone.cydsn\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone.cyprj -d CY8C6247BZI-D54 -s C:\development\cypress\workspace\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC6 -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v3 -.fftcfgtype=LE

ADD: fit.M0067: information: Clock Information: (The WCO is enabled. Chip startup will be slower because clock configuration cannot continue until the WCO is ready. See the device datasheet for WCO startup timing. If WCO is not required during startup, consider starting it in main() for faster chip startup.).

* C:\development\cypress\workspace\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone.cydsn\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone.cydwr (WCO)

Elaborating Design...

ADD: sdb.M0059: error: Error in component: BLE. The BLE_PDL_v2_0 component (BLE) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component.

* C:\development\cypress\workspace\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone\CE220335_BLE_Eddystone.cydsn\TopDesign\TopDesign.cysch (Instance:BLE)

Error: fit.M0050: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild. (App=cydsfit)

--------------- Rebuild Failed: 04/10/2018 16:59:13 ---------------

0 Likes
1 Solution

Couple of things to clear up here.

#1 If you are looking to use PSoC 6 + WiFi then yes you must use WICED. There is no support for WiFi in PSoC Creator.

#2 If you are looking use the BT/BLE features of the 4343W (Murata 1DX module) on the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT then again you must use WICED.

#3 If you want to just use BLE, and want to use PSoC Creator then I suggest you get the CY8CKIT-062-BLE. The PSoC 6 device on this kit has an integrated BLE radio (not a separate chip like the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT). With this kit you can use PSoC Creator .

#4. The current generation of PSoC 6 devices do not have hardware to support eMMC.

#5. We are still working on USB Host support, probably won't be available until end of this year.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you download the kit installer from the link ( http://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-062-wifi-bt ) and to use the kit installer. It will take care of the right creator installer version.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
ToddD_41
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hello,

You mention that you have the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT. The project you mentioned will not work on that kit. The project you mentioned is for the CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

For the CY8CKIT-062-BLE you can use PSoC Creator to create BLE projects using the PSoC 6 MCU with integrated BLE.

If you are using the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT, the BLE functionality is done on the 4343W radio chip that is seperate from the PSoC 6. To do BLE or Bluetooth projects with this device you need to use WICED 6.1.

0 Likes

Ok. So, I have to migrate away from Creator to WICED? I want to use the capabilities of Creator. I really like Creator. I want to model an eMMC at the very least. Using the USB host is also a priority. I am not seeing how to do this.

I am very confused.

The code that was presented is fairly straightforward, but I don't see a path that I am looking for.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Likes

Couple of things to clear up here.

#1 If you are looking to use PSoC 6 + WiFi then yes you must use WICED. There is no support for WiFi in PSoC Creator.

#2 If you are looking use the BT/BLE features of the 4343W (Murata 1DX module) on the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT then again you must use WICED.

#3 If you want to just use BLE, and want to use PSoC Creator then I suggest you get the CY8CKIT-062-BLE. The PSoC 6 device on this kit has an integrated BLE radio (not a separate chip like the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT). With this kit you can use PSoC Creator .

#4. The current generation of PSoC 6 devices do not have hardware to support eMMC.

#5. We are still working on USB Host support, probably won't be available until end of this year.

0 Likes