PSoC 6 WICED WiFi Demo compile failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Followed the instructions exactly. On step 9, "Double-click the newly created make target to build the code, program the kit, and run the example. Note that this may take a few minutes." I get the following output with error, I don't know how to fix:

11:05:40 **** Build of configuration Default for project 43xxx_Wi-Fi ****

"C:\\Users\\tpeterson\\Documents\\WICED-Studio-6.1\\43xxx_Wi-Fi\\make.exe" demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled

Making config file for first time

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| IMPORTANT NOTES                                                                                     |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Wi-Fi MAC Address                                                                                   |

|    The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |

|    Ensure each target device has a unique address.                                                  |

| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |

|    It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |

tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk:267: *** Unknown component: demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi.  Stop.

|    reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |

make: *** No rule to make target 'build/demo.CE222494_PSoC6_WICED_WiFi-CY8CKIT_062/config.mk', needed by 'main_app'.  Stop.

|    Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |

11:05:40 Build Finished (took 339ms)

0 Likes
1 Solution
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4

It was not obvious from the guide where the archive files should go. I right clicked on Wiced program in Start menu, selected properties and used that location under c:\users\myname\appdata...

Figured out that I needed to put the files under c:\users\myname\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4

Never mind. I copied the files to the wrong location.

0 Likes
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4

It was not obvious from the guide where the archive files should go. I right clicked on Wiced program in Start menu, selected properties and used that location under c:\users\myname\appdata...

Figured out that I needed to put the files under c:\users\myname\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.

0 Likes

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I'm encountering the same issue but with a different device.

0 Likes

I don't remember. I don't use Wiced anymore. Seems Modustoolbox superseded. I try to use Creator when possible.

0 Likes