PSoC 6 Pioneering Kit doesn't work after programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KoJa_4151856
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fellows,

I am having troubles with my PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer kit 62. After successfull programming the board, nothing seems to work (besides the green LED from KitProg goes on, that indicates successfull programming).

I have no idea what is wrong, if it's the programmer fault, or something with PSoC Creator files.

It all started after I changed the directory of one of my projects. I returned It to the former location, because the Creator could not open the project.

After that, the Creator was asking while building every project, if I want to change the configuration files. No matter which option was choosen the board was programmed, but it did nothing.

I reinstalled all the software for PSoC Creator and updated the software to newest versions. It stopped to switch the configuration files but still the board wasn't working after programming.

Then I thought that the KitProg version was incorrect, because it showed, that the programmer had Kitprog 3 insted of KitProg 2. I returned to the previous version but this also didn't helped.

When I'm programming another board, PSoC 6 BLE Prototyping Kit 63, everything goes fine and the board does it's job after programming.

Do you have maybe any guesses what happend and how to fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Is the project you tried out code example relesed by Cypress? If yes, can you tell the code example number?

I suspect you have tried a wrong version PDL. Generally, the required PDL vresion is delivered along with the code example documentation. Please switch to a different PDL version and then build/program.

If all above invalid, it's better to change to another platform(PC/laptop) and see the test result.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

KoJa,

You said:

PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer kit 62.

The PSoC 62 does not have BLE inside the IC.  What Pioneer kit are you referring to?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Is the project you tried out code example relesed by Cypress? If yes, can you tell the code example number?

I suspect you have tried a wrong version PDL. Generally, the required PDL vresion is delivered along with the code example documentation. Please switch to a different PDL version and then build/program.

If all above invalid, it's better to change to another platform(PC/laptop) and see the test result.

0 Likes

Hi WangS,

the PDL version was the problem. I had selected automatically the 3.1.0 version.

When I switched to one of the earlier versions of PDL and then switch the configuration files from these libraries, my project and the project examples from Cypress started to work fine.

It seems that PSoC Creator had switched the PDl version automatically after some updates.

Does the newest PDL version not support the Pioneer Kit?

Anyway, I want to thank you guys for such a quick response and solution

Konrad

0 Likes

Konrad,

I have that kit also.  I've gotten an number of the examples to work on it.

Can you share the project you programmed into it?  I can try it out.  Did you make any modifications to the program?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes