PSoC 6 BLE Upgradable Stack Bootloader compilation/build error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
daasc_4221876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I am trying to get started with the PSoC6 BLE examples and have encountered an error regarding the upgradable stack example:

Setup:

• PSoC Creator: 4.2
  • PDL: 3.0.4 (also tested with 3.0.1, which is the library used in the example, same results)
  • Compiler: GCC (standard GCC provided with PSoC Creator)
  • Example code: CE220960 - PSoC 6 MCU BLE Upgradable Stack Bootloader (code unchanged, see any change to config below)

Problem:

• Launcher (app0): compilation with no error
  • Bootloader (app1): does not compile unless the post scrip configuration of the CM0p core is changed from
    "post_build_core1.bat creator ${OutputDir} ${ProjectShortName} GCC" to empty.
    I think the main problem might be in this step.
  • Application (app2): does not compile and returns the following error:
    "./bootload_cm4.ld:243: non constant or forward reference address expression for section .cy_boot_ble_bss"

I might be missing something very basic but since the code has not been modified in any way from the example I thought it might be worth sharing to understand if this is a an issue anyone else had encountered.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I have tested the code CE220960​​. There is no any building error for all 3 apps and the functionality works finely.

Note you mentioned the post build command for cm0+ of app1 is "post_build_core1.bat creator ${OutputDir} ${ProjectShortName} GCC".

It is not correct. Please modify that line to "post_build_core0.bat creator ${OutputDir} ${ProjectShortName} GCC"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I have tested the code CE220960​​. There is no any building error for all 3 apps and the functionality works finely.

Note you mentioned the post build command for cm0+ of app1 is "post_build_core1.bat creator ${OutputDir} ${ProjectShortName} GCC".

It is not correct. Please modify that line to "post_build_core0.bat creator ${OutputDir} ${ProjectShortName} GCC"

0 Likes

Hi, Thank you for your response.

The link you provided does compile and everything runs smoothly, however if the code is accessed through the "code example"  panel on Creator the problem I described occurs.

Maybe the problem is in the code download links my version of creator uses.

Thanks for your support!

0 Likes