PSoC 6 BLE Fixed Bluetooth Channel

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaEl_4231596
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I understand that Bluetooth 5.0 specifies certain communication channels somewhere between 2.400GHz and 2.4835GHz. I also understand that the PSoC 6's L2CAP can switch between these channels if the system encounters radio interference. I have reason to believe that this switching between channels might be causing problems with my throughput. I'm wondering if there is any way to select a fixed channel between two Bluetooth connected PSoCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Jack

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Jack,

1. Please refer to the API Cy_BLE_SetHostChannelClassification( cy_stc_ble_channel_map_info_t* param) which is used to set the channel classification for the data channels. This API parameter will give the information on channel map.

2. Please refer to the code example CE222046_Throughput_Measurement in the PSoC Creator which demonstrates on how to maximize the BLE throughput in PSoC6 BLE device.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Jack,

1. Please refer to the API Cy_BLE_SetHostChannelClassification( cy_stc_ble_channel_map_info_t* param) which is used to set the channel classification for the data channels. This API parameter will give the information on channel map.

2. Please refer to the code example CE222046_Throughput_Measurement in the PSoC Creator which demonstrates on how to maximize the BLE throughput in PSoC6 BLE device.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes