PSOC6 - debugger drops out during testing of switchmode power supply

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
RiTa_288331
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I am using the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE kit with an external ADC (the ADS8556-EVAL kit), and an isolated gate driver to drive the attached circuit.

I know that the power electronics switching works because when I apply test duty cycle values in the PSOC (such as 20 to 30%), Vout measures 14-18V on my multimeter.  Deadtime in the PSOC PWM settings has been set to about 200 nanosec.

Now, I'm trying to close the feedback loop (inner current loop only). I'm measuring the input current (through R_INPUT_SHUNT) with an isolated amplifier, and reading the value with one channel of the external ADC. I'm using a static setpoint current of 0.3 amps for purposes of testing (I.E. "Can the PSOC drive the input current loop to 0.3 amps?")

--> Problem: as soon as I enable the PWM switching in my program, PSOC Creator says the debugger connection "drops out", and I can't reconnect to the PSOC without a complete power cycle. Could this be caused by switching artifacts of the PWM? If so, what are some techniques I can use to get the debugger/USB connection to operate with PWM switching?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Kindly check the PSoC63 datasheet for current specs supported by pins. 25mA is the absolute maximum current supported by the pins. And VOH of VDD-0.5 is guaranteed for and IOH of 8mA. Make sure that you are not exceeding the absolute maximum limits and that may be the reason for connection drop.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Kindly check the PSoC63 datasheet for current specs supported by pins. 25mA is the absolute maximum current supported by the pins. And VOH of VDD-0.5 is guaranteed for and IOH of 8mA. Make sure that you are not exceeding the absolute maximum limits and that may be the reason for connection drop.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes