PSOC6 PDM and I2S Pins:

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BiMa_2659891
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First like received

HI Cypress Team,

I am using Part#  CY8C624ABZI-S2D44 . and wanted to interface digital microphone.

Where the confusion was which pins can be used for PDM /I2S microphones interfacing? 

- IS there any specific Pins which should be used for PDM /I2S Microphone interfacing?

- If yes please let us know the details? 

- Also please share me the pin-muxing possible for 2x PDM channel and 2x I2S interfaces.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @BiMa_2659891 

- Yes there are  specific Pins which should be used for PDM /I2S Microphone interfacing

- You can refer to the device datasheet, pinout section to see the pins that support the I2S/PDM functionality.

You can find the PSoC 6 datasheet at the following link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/psoc-62-cy8c62x8-cy8c62xa-datasheet

Ekta_0-1620848991611.png

- Also please share me the pin-muxing possible for 2x PDM channel and 2x I2S interfaces.

Could you please elaborate this point?

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @BiMa_2659891 

- Yes there are  specific Pins which should be used for PDM /I2S Microphone interfacing

- You can refer to the device datasheet, pinout section to see the pins that support the I2S/PDM functionality.

You can find the PSoC 6 datasheet at the following link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/psoc-62-cy8c62x8-cy8c62xa-datasheet

Ekta_0-1620848991611.png

Could you please elaborate this point?

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

For the PDM case, it supports two channels, so the two microphones can share the clock and the data lines, where one is sampled on the rising edge and the other on the falling edge.

For the I2S case, the I2S interface supports full duplex, and you can share the WS and SCK lines. Just make sure to configure one as Slave and the other as Master. Or both as slave, having the external codec as the master.

0 Likes