PSOC6 GPIO double-sync / glitch filter problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaAs_973901
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, I've taken a project from a PSOC 5LP and moved it over to the PSOC 6 platform in order to create a WiFi enabled version. The signal source is somewhat noisy and a glitch filter or double-syncing the input pin had resolved filtering out small 8-24ns pulses.

Attempting to use the same option now, it appears the glitch filter component has been removed and selecting double-sync on a digital input results in:

sta.M0017: Unsupported: InSyncNeeded

and subsequently has no affect in the application.

I'm currently working around the issue by clocking a DFF with a slower clock, but am looking to understand why the double-sync on the pin is not working.

Thanks,
Karl

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Karl,

Apologize for very late response.

We did not have any problems with the double sync in a simple project. The issue is likely related to the specific IO configuration in your project. Could you please share your project ?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Karl,

Could you please let me know which PSoC6 device you are using?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello, this is the CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

Thanks,

Karl

0 Likes

Hello Karl,

Apologize for very late response.

We did not have any problems with the double sync in a simple project. The issue is likely related to the specific IO configuration in your project. Could you please share your project ?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes