PSOC 6 Pioneer kit: no debug targets available

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jcsb1994
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,

I recently started having problems with my PSoC 6 Pioneer kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE). I have been using it successfully since September 2019. Since before yesterday, when I click on the program button, the Select debug target window appears, I am able to see my KitProg 3, but the 2 options I used to be able to choose (Cortex M4 and M0+) are just gone, they do not appear anymore, so I cannot program my kit anymore.

I am using CYC6347BZI-BLD53 (Y w/ gestures) in the device selector. I tested on both the computers I have been using in the past month and none work. I am sure it a question of programming mode of the device, or firmware or driver. I just didn't find a post addressing this family of devices yet. I have read pressing the reset button 10s could help but it didn't work for me. I also made sure there was no other program using the kit when plugged in, as this seemed to be one common problem with this issue. I went to PSoC programmer app and the device was properly recognized and connected. I clicked on upgrade firmware and it worked, but still no use. After a full day of programming, I had 2 instances of usb device not recognized or malfunctioned when replugging the kit to my PC. Those 2 happened like in the last 10 tries I have made. The kit  is still recognized most of the time but this worried me quite a bit.

Could it be a hardware problem?? I hope not, it would be very surprising as I am not carrying the kit around. I am sure there is a way to change the programming mode or whatnot of this device? thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

FYI, I took pictures of my board running attached hex programmed using PSoC Programmer.

I'm seeing LED2 and LED4 light orange-yellow, LED3 in Green.

And also LED5 is blinking Green.

SW5 Middle Position (3.3V)

IMG_4157.JPG

SW7 Right Position

SW6 Right Position

J8 Short

IMG_4158.JPG

moto

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

There could be many reasons which cause the symptom you described.

In the worst case the device on your board could have been damaged.

You wrote that you have already tried the mode switch.

And you wrote that you have tried to update the firmware.

Here, I wonder which version of "PSoC Programmer" you are using.

I think that currently the newest is 3.28.6.

If yours is older, please download and update to the newest one.

We can download PSoC programmer from

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-programmer-archive

Please select the newest and try it.

moto

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

FYI, I took pictures of my board running attached hex programmed using PSoC Programmer.

I'm seeing LED2 and LED4 light orange-yellow, LED3 in Green.

And also LED5 is blinking Green.

SW5 Middle Position (3.3V)

IMG_4157.JPG

SW7 Right Position

SW6 Right Position

J8 Short

IMG_4158.JPG

moto

Hi, thank you for mentioning the position of your switches. My problem is solved: I had SW6 facing left.. SW6 is target select on the schematic. Afterwards I was able to upload your hex file. I just never thought of switches. PSoC creator works too. Thank you so much!