PSOC 6 Availability Updates

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benjaminpaik
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I see a number of similar posts regarding this question, but they all seem to be from several years back and was hoping for more recent information. I recently became very interested in PSOC 6 devices due to hardware capabilities and software development tools (Modus Toolbox utilities, video tutorials, forum support, etc.). I was considering migrating my future designs to PSOC 6 devices, but ran into some confusion when looking into part availability. Specifically, I am interested in PSOC 61 and PSOC 63 devices in QFP and QFN packages (so the soldering can be visually inspected). My first question has to do with conflicting information on the PSOC 61 product page. I initially saw that the PSOC 61 only came in BGA and WLCSP packages on the overview tab.

benjaminpaik_0-1612680323315.png

However, when using the product selector guide, I saw that there were several PSOC 61 options for both QFP and QFN packages, and was confused by the discrepancy. The PSOC 63 doesn't have an I/O Subsystem & Packages section on its overview tab, but the product selector guide does show a few QFN options. When searching for PSOC 6 parts on Digikey, I noticed that there was only stock for BGA packaged parts despite what the product selector guide led me to believe. Are the PSOC 6 QFP/QFN packages going to be made available in the future or are they being phased out? If they are going to be made available in the future, when can we expect them to be released? Additionally, there only seemed to be about 7 parts in stock across all PSOC 6 devices irrespective of package type, giving me concerns about part availability in general.

1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

There is no plan for QFN/QFP in the PSoC 63 series. We have 68-QFN in the CY8C62x5, CY8C61x5.

Regards

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Yes you are right, we will check with the internal team for clarification.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

There is no plan for QFN/QFP in the PSoC 63 series. We have 68-QFN in the CY8C62x5, CY8C61x5.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes