PSOC 6 2M 128 TQFP Pinout questions/concerns

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Our customer wants to use the CY8C624AAZI-S2D14 but the datasheet (vn ‘H’) here  https://www.cypress.com/file/460816/download  is worrying me as the word ‘PRELIMINARY’ is printed all over it and the pinout table, table 4 on page 17, has the following minor typos..

• Pin 36 has been moved to the very end of the table so it’s out of sequence
  • Pin 114 has duplicate line entries although they seem to be identical

I’d hate to have a PCB made that has an error on it, can you guys confirm that the pinout table is correct and why the table has the issues I note above on a revision "H" of the datasheet?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello CoreyW_81​,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

I will be creating an internal ticket so that this issue can be tracked. But you can be assured that these issues will not be affecting any layout designs.
As it is in 'Preliminary' stage, a stable version of the datasheet will be released addressing these changes.

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rakshith

Hello CoreyW_81​,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

I will be creating an internal ticket so that this issue can be tracked. But you can be assured that these issues will not be affecting any layout designs.
As it is in 'Preliminary' stage, a stable version of the datasheet will be released addressing these changes.

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

So just to confirm, the two pins in question are as they are documented, it is just the table that needs to be updated to delete the duplicate pin 114 entry and to reorder pin 36 in the proper sequence?

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hello CoreyW_81,

So just to confirm, the two pins in question are as they are documented, it is just the table that needs to be updated to delete the duplicate pin 114 entry

Yes, that is correct.

Pin 36 has been moved to the very end of the table so it’s out of sequence

Pin 36 is placed at the end as it is DNC for 124-BGA package.  This should not be affecting your layout design.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes