Outside help for a PSoC6 project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaH_4035971
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello, I am running late for a project and I am wasting too much time getting my head around PSoC firmware development. I am a biomedical scientist and not an electronic engineer and none of my colleagues in other departments have worked with Cypress products (did I make the wrong choice ?). I would need the help of a freelance developper (it's a paid service of course) to help me getting this off the ground. That involves:

Creation of BLE 4.2/5 service and characteristics for data transmission (e.g. UART service). Minimum payload 20 bytes, maximum time interval 20ms.

Configuration of GPIO: 10 analog inputs, 1 digital output, 3 pins for programming (SWCLK, SWDIO and RST)

Configuration of the external WCO clock and internal clocks required for BLE   

Main loop:       Read all analog inputs every 10ms, store as Int variables

Convert 5 values (out of the 10) to UInt_16

Send via BLE 2 groups of 5 values every 20ms

Quite simple but too complex for me, especially the BLE part...

Thanks a lot !

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WolfF_56​ from the team in Europe is locating a PSoC design partner in the region.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Matt,

Selecting PSoC BLE for your application is a good choice. Cypress provides lot of code examples which help you develop your application in minimum amount of time. You cab go through several code examples of PSoC BLE from the link below. Please check whether they can help you.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub 

From your description we recommend you to refer Day20_BLE_UART which might help you better.

If you are still feeling it difficult after going through above code examples, dont worry!! please elaborate more on the application. If possible can you please attach a system level block diagram mentioning the signal flow in the system?

Awaiting for your update.

Thanks

Ganesh

Thanks for your answer Ganesh

I went through the different code examples, but so far I only managed to get a LED blink and send a message to the console via a UART protocol. This took me days !

I shall try to migrate the PSoC4 examples you mentioned to PSoC63 (I was secretely hoping that I could just use ModusToolbox and not have to learn PSoC Creator on top of everything)

Kind regards

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

BLE is implemented as a Middleware inside the PSoC. So when you compare PSoC 4 BLE and PSoC 6 BLE there will not be much difference. The APIs and events will be almost same but the name differs. You can look at few PSoC 6 BLE code examples to get the flow. You can find these code examples in PSoC Creator itself.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WolfF_56​ from the team in Europe is locating a PSoC design partner in the region.

0 Likes