No Resistive Touch Component in PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
m83b
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Dear community,

for a design I am working on, I try to figure out how to use a 2.4 Inch-Resistive-Touch-TFT-display with Psoc 63 (CY8CKIT-062-BLE Kit) in Psoc Creator 4.3.
The display I am using at the moment is a MCUfriend-Arduino-Board bought from the internet. Thanks to these awesome links

https://iotexpert.com/psoc-6-segger-emwin-mcufriend-2-4-tft-part-2
https://github.com/iotexpert/MCUFriend

it was very easy to set up and run the example CE223726 on my MCUfriend display. Aiming now to use the Touch Capability of the display, I figured out that the Resistive Touch Component with support to emWin is just available for Psoc 1/3/5. Therefore I ask myself, if there are technical reasons or licence issues, why this Component is not available in PsoC 6 (Psoc 4)? Is there any example code how to use a TFT touch display with emWin and Psoc 6 (Psoc 4)?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @m83b 

I am checking the reason for removing this with our internal team. I will update this thread as soon as I get an update. 

Thanks, 
Hari

Hari

Hi Marcel, 

We do not have an example to use the resistive touch with PSoC 6. Are you facing any issues while developing this? Please let us know if you are facing any issues and we can work with you to resolve them.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
Hari

Hi Marcel,

This thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,

Hari

0 Likes