No Flash Programming Tool Using J-Link for CYBLE-416045-02

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiBu_4687336
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi.

I'm trying to find a flash programming solution for production use for our custom board that uses the CYBLE-416045-02. I would like to use a dedicated flash utility with a commercially available JTAG/SWD probe, but those two requirements seem to be mutually exclusive for this chip.

• ModusToolbox works with either the KitProg3 (from the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE board) or a Segger J-Link probe, but MTB is not a viable option for production use. 
  • Cypress Programmer only works with the KitProg3 from the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE board - it won't work with the KitProg3 from a different board, and doesn't recognize the J-Link.
  • PSoC Programmer doesn't work with .hex files created by MTB.
  • J-Flash Lite doesn't support the CYBLE-416045-02.

What other options are there? How are others managing this?

Thanks,

-Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution
NiBu_4687336
Level 5
Level 5

I've now tried the Cypress MiniProg4 in conjunction with Cypress Programmer software, and this combination works for my purposes. It can program CYBLE-416045-02 with .hex files created by ModusToolbox, which is what I need.

The MiniProg3 does not appear to work for this purpose.

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Nick,

Cypress works with global providers of data and security programming solutions to qualify our devices. You can find the list of partners for production programming here: https://www.cypress.com/products/device-programmer-system-partners

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
NiBu_4687336
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @DheerajK_81.

Thanks, that's good info for the future. For now I'm looking at low-volume production - what I need is a JTAG/SWD adapter that works with something like Cypress Programmer on one end and the CYBLE-416045-02 on the other.

-Nick

0 Likes
NiBu_4687336
Level 5
Level 5

I've now tried the Cypress MiniProg4 in conjunction with Cypress Programmer software, and this combination works for my purposes. It can program CYBLE-416045-02 with .hex files created by ModusToolbox, which is what I need.

The MiniProg3 does not appear to work for this purpose.

-Nick

0 Likes