Need USB host and dual USB slaves in one PSoC6 device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiAs_1343366
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I am in the design and recommendation process of a new project.

I have two years designing with the PSoC5lp devices and 35 years with embedded C.

I need to learn how to code a single USB Host channel.

Then attach internally to a mono audio I/O streaming channel and a single USART with RTS signals.

I have not coded for USB devices before, I guess I have been lucky, or not.

Time to learn and start doing.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Jim,

Although the PSoC 6 device has the hardware capability to act as the USB Host. But we currently do not have driver support or any example on USB Host application for PSoC 6. You can refer to this thread for more details: USB Host support

Currently we have separate Code examples in which PSoC 6 USB is configured to act as an Audio device and as a UART (CDC Class).

The link to both the code examples are:

For ModusToolbox

PSoC 6: USB Audio Recorder https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce223368-psoc-6-mcu-usb-cdc-echo-application

PSoC 6: USB CDC

For PSoC Creator:

PSoC 6: USB Audio Recorder

In order to implement both the CDC Class and Audio Class in a USB device (composite device), you need to use Interface Association descriptor:Implementing USB Composite Device with PSoC 3, PSoC 4L, or PSoC 5LP - KBA223141 . Although the above KBA is for PSoC 3, 5LP and 4 device. Similar steps can be used to implement USB composite device in PSOC 6.

You can refer to the Cypress USB Device Middleware Library 2.0: Cypress USB Device Middleware Library 2.0: Cypress USB Device Middleware Library 2.0 which will guide you through the steps to configure a USB device.

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of further queries.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Jim,

Although the PSoC 6 device has the hardware capability to act as the USB Host. But we currently do not have driver support or any example on USB Host application for PSoC 6. You can refer to this thread for more details: USB Host support

Currently we have separate Code examples in which PSoC 6 USB is configured to act as an Audio device and as a UART (CDC Class).

The link to both the code examples are:

For ModusToolbox

PSoC 6: USB Audio Recorder https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce223368-psoc-6-mcu-usb-cdc-echo-application

For PSoC Creator:

PSoC 6: USB Audio Recorder

In order to implement both the CDC Class and Audio Class in a USB device (composite device), you need to use Interface Association descriptor:Implementing USB Composite Device with PSoC 3, PSoC 4L, or PSoC 5LP - KBA223141 . Although the above KBA is for PSoC 3, 5LP and 4 device. Similar steps can be used to implement USB composite device in PSOC 6.

You can refer to the Cypress USB Device Middleware Library 2.0: Cypress USB Device Middleware Library 2.0: Cypress USB Device Middleware Library 2.0 which will guide you through the steps to configure a USB device.

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of further queries.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes