Multiple Bluetooth Connection PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bbeck27
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I have the CYMOD-062-4343W eval module and see that it supports Bluetooth 5.0. From what I have read on these forums it appears you can only connect 4 devices even though the BLE 5.0 spec states that up to 7 devices can be connected simultaneously. I was wondering why these devices appear to be limited to 4 and if there was any possible work-around to get 7? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @Bbeck27 ,

According to our FW architecture, this device can support only 4 simultaneous Bluetooth connections at a time. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SheetalJ

Hi @Bbeck27 ,

According to our FW architecture, this device can support only 4 simultaneous Bluetooth connections at a time. 

0 Likes

If I needed 500 of these is it possible to get custom firmware? Or do you supply an alternative device that is capable of 7 simultaneous connections?

0 Likes
SheetalJ

Regarding custom FW, please check with marketing team once.

You can check CYW20706, CYW20719B2 stand-alone BT solutions for higher simultaneous connections.

FYI: https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Bluetooth/Which-devices-support-multiple-simultaneous-...

0 Likes