Mouse HID example on CY8CPROTO-063-BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bartek
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello, 

I'm new in Bluetooth. 

I try to run Bluetooth Mouse HID Example on kit CY8CPROTO-063-BLE.

- I create new project

- I select target device to CYBLE-416045-02

- I click update components

- I set ports for leds  7.1 7.2 6.3

- I bulid project and program both cores one by one CM0 and then CM4

After that I try to connect to BLE HID Mouse ( it is discoverable by my android phone)

Problem is that: phone can't connect by bluetooth to mouse .

Is anyone knows. What I have to change in example project to makes it work, or what I can do wrong?

( For bluetooth 4.1 and other kit it works fine)

I will be very thankfull for help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bartek
Level 3
Level 3

I manage to fix this problem.

The issue was that for debugging in sample project UART is use with tx rx rts and cts lines.

But in board CY8CPROTO-063-BLE uart to usb is provided by kit programmer and lines CTS and RTS are not used.

When debug data was sent by uart it waits for RTS/CTS signals and it disturbed bluetooth event handler.

Sa to fix this problem it is necessary to uncheck RTS and CTS lines in UART block.

Now works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please let me know the Bluetooth version of your phone ? Please check with some other phones and let me know your observations.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Bartek
Level 3
Level 3

I manage to fix this problem.

The issue was that for debugging in sample project UART is use with tx rx rts and cts lines.

But in board CY8CPROTO-063-BLE uart to usb is provided by kit programmer and lines CTS and RTS are not used.

When debug data was sent by uart it waits for RTS/CTS signals and it disturbed bluetooth event handler.

Sa to fix this problem it is necessary to uncheck RTS and CTS lines in UART block.

Now works fine.

0 Likes