ModusToolbox showing an error after programming in release mode - Solution

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuMa_296631
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

This follows on from another thread that I started (miniprog4 cannot find cy8cproto-063-ble or my proc6 board ) but which is now locked so I cannot provide the resolution that I have discovered.

[Quick summary - I switched to ModusToolbox V2 and a MiniProg4 but could not program my custom circuit board; eventually I could program my CY8CPROTO-063-BLE board.]

It turns out that there were two problems with my board. One was that the capacitors on my WCO crystal were too small (the crystal required a load capacitance of 6pF and so I used 2 x 10pF capacitors - I needed to use 2 x 22pF capacitors) and so the WCO was not starting. This took the code to the 'cycfg_ClockStartupError' function. However any program that didn't use the WCO worked well in 'debug' mode.

The other situation was that there was a dry joint on the 'XRES' pin (pin 42) so that when the MiniProg4 tried to do a reset after the programming so that the program woudl run, it detected that the reset was not effective and so reported the error:

** Program operation completed successfully **

srst_only separate srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst

target halted due to breakpoint, current mode: Thread

xPSR: 0x61000000 pc: 0x0800000c msp: 0x08000870

Error: psoc6.cpu.cm4 -- clearing lockup after double fault

target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Handler HardFault

xPSR: 0x61000003 pc: 0x8008f3ee msp: 0x080477e0

Polling target psoc6.cpu.cm4 failed, trying to reexamine

Info : psoc6.cpu.cm4: hardware has 6 breakpoints, 4 watchpoints

shutdown command invoked

After I fixed the dry solder joint it now gives:

** Program operation completed successfully **

srst_only separate srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst

Info : SWD DPIDR 0x6ba02477

Info : psoc6.cpu.cm0: external reset detected

Info : psoc6.cpu.cm4: external reset detected

shutdown command invoked

and the program run as expected.

I hope this might help someone else with this problem (which is not obvious - at least to me - from the error message).

So thank you to all who helped to get the correct configuration commands and my apologies for taking the conversation down a false pathway.

Susan

0 Likes
1 Reply
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Thanks for the sharing Susan. It will be definitely help else.

The resolution has been posted in the original thread.

Roy Liu
0 Likes