Modus "Program file does not exist"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
thsh_3386981
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the PSoC6 Wifi kit with Modus 1.0.  os a Mac.  For a test, I am trying to run BlinkLED and all goes well until I launch the build, and I get an error message of "Program file does not exist."

When I expand the details, I find this :

~/Cypress Toolbox Docs/BlinkyLED_mainapp/Debug/BlinkyLED_mainapp_final.elf not found

and when I look in the folder, there is a similar file called...

~/Cypress Toolbox Docs/BlinkyLED_mainapp/Debug/BlinkyLED_mainapp.elf

That is, the generated file name does not include the "_final".

Is this due to one of the multitude of cryptic setting that I am missing, or just a bug?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello,

This is because you have white spaces in your project directory path, "~/Cypress Toolbox Docs/BlinkyLED_mainapp/Debug/BlinkyLED_mainapp_final.elf". Recreate the project where the path won't have any space. This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello,

This is because you have white spaces in your project directory path, "~/Cypress Toolbox Docs/BlinkyLED_mainapp/Debug/BlinkyLED_mainapp_final.elf". Recreate the project where the path won't have any space. This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

Unfortunately not.

Why thank you, this did work.  I had a space before the second underscore...

Thanks agian.

The "Cypress Toolbox Docs" is generated/suggested by default at launch by Modus on the Mac.  If I delete this folder, relaunch and set up a new directory with the name "Cypress_Toolbox _Docs"  the problem persists, with an almost identical error message, only now with two more underscores, like this:

~/Cypress_Toolbox _Docs/BlinkyLED_mainapp/Debug/BlinkyLED_mainapp_final.elf not found.

Where is the "xxx.elf" file name defined or created.  Can I modify the generated file name?  Or is this a deeper bug.

Yea for 1.0 releases.

0 Likes