Modus Toolbox HTTP Server Dynamic Refresh & Upload Data Files PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hank_long_99
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi All,

I am using PSoC 62 WiFi-BT Kit to read data from a sensor, store the data into a file, and upload the data file to an HTTP server (so users can download it to their computers).

I have done the sensor part, and I also know that Modus Toolbox has an 'emFile' example and 'AnyCloud HTTP' example for PSoC 6. My questions are:

1. I didn't see the SD card interface on the PSoC 6 side, but the 'emFile' example does provide me with the option to store the file into an SD card. Could you please give an example of how to store a file into an SD card? If not, could I access the file in the internal NOR flash?

2. The 'AnyCloud' example is using the 'HTTP Server' library, but it only gives three methods, GET, PUT, POST. Does it have any method to refresh the web page dynamically? I mean that could it refresh some numbers automatically on the web page which I want?

3. I may need to implement some nice visual representation on the web page. For example, real-time refresh bar plot. However, this is supported by some external sources based on Python and JavaScript. Is it possible to implement such functions in Modus Toolbox?

4. If these functions are too difficult to realize. Could you please give me some examples of Cloud Services which can do such things, I mean build a file for data, dynamic refresh, and figures plot?

Thank you so much for your patience and help!

Best regards,

Hank

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Hank, 

I checked with the internal team regarding your request. HTTP-server can serve any type of resources over HTTP protocol. It is up to the end-user to implement such asynchronous web page update (i.e. background update without refreshing) by using some client-side scripts like Javascript, AJAX, etc.

Please refer to mtb-example-anycloud-wifi-web-server CE where we have done one such implementation using Javascript function XMLHttpRequest()

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi Hank, 

I believe this code example which demonstrates how to use emFile could help with your request - https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-filesystem-emfile-freertos

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

Thank you so much for your patience and help!

Yes, it does help me a lot. I really appreciate it. Do you have any advice about uploading the file to an HTTP server and webpage dynamic refresh?

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Hank

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Hank, 

I checked with the internal team regarding your request. HTTP-server can serve any type of resources over HTTP protocol. It is up to the end-user to implement such asynchronous web page update (i.e. background update without refreshing) by using some client-side scripts like Javascript, AJAX, etc.

Please refer to mtb-example-anycloud-wifi-web-server CE where we have done one such implementation using Javascript function XMLHttpRequest()

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes