Miniprog4 slow programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hi,

I'm using MiniProg4 with the PSoC Programmer (API) to program PSoC6. Turns out Miniprog3 is MUCH faster. Checked this with a hex file which takes 20 seconds to program on a MiniProg4 and only 6 seconds on a MiniProg3.

It seems the difference in speed is related to the fact that Miniprog3 has a FX2 & a dedicated FPGA for programming, while Miniprog4 uses a PSoC5.

Any chance to enhance speed on the Miniprog4?

Regards,

Rolf

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Miniprog4 doesn't support USB high speed, it uses the PSoC5LP which has only USB full-speed support. Please let me know the firmware version running on your MiniProg4 by using the fw-loader tool. Download the latest version from here​.

Open it up in a command prompt and run "--device-list" as shown below:

pastedImage_2.png

The FW Version will be listed. Please update KP3 to the latest one using the command "--update-kp3" as shown below:

pastedImage_4.png

The newer versions of KP3 should be ~1.5 times faster than the older versions. Let me know your observations.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Miniprog4 doesn't support USB high speed, it uses the PSoC5LP which has only USB full-speed support. Please let me know the firmware version running on your MiniProg4 by using the fw-loader tool. Download the latest version from here​.

Open it up in a command prompt and run "--device-list" as shown below:

pastedImage_2.png

The FW Version will be listed. Please update KP3 to the latest one using the command "--update-kp3" as shown below:

pastedImage_4.png

The newer versions of KP3 should be ~1.5 times faster than the older versions. Let me know your observations.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes