Is it possible to program and use the PSoC 5LP present in the architecture of the PSoC® 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit using the kitProg2 switch.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaGa_4030631
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

I have a PSoC 5LP firmware which i want to use in PSoC® 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit. When i checked the Architecture i found that the board has a PSoC 5LP device (CY8C5868LTI-LP039) serving as KitProg2(which is a multi-functional system, which includes a programmer, debugger, USB-I2C bridge, USB-UART bridge, and a USB-SPI bridge). KitProg2 also supports custom applications.

1. Is it Possible to program and use this PSoC 5LP instead of PSoC6?
  2. If its possible, will it contains the PSoC 5LP architectural Components such as Delta Sigma ADC, TIA(Amplifier).. etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Karthik,

1. Yes. It is possible and use the PSoC5LP. You may have seen that J7 on the kit is provided for programming the PSoC5LP. To use it, I guess there is more to prepare..As you know, the PSoC5LP plays as a programmin/debugging bridge on the kit, many pins are connected with other parts on the kit. So you must take care of those connections.

pastedImage_0.png

2. Yes. It contains the PSoC 5LP architectural Components.

In addition, I'm a little bit wondering about why you just want to use the PSoC5LP on the kit....For playing a kit, there's no problem...but, in my mind , if it is for some production project...it is too luxurious...

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Karthik,

1. Yes. It is possible and use the PSoC5LP. You may have seen that J7 on the kit is provided for programming the PSoC5LP. To use it, I guess there is more to prepare..As you know, the PSoC5LP plays as a programmin/debugging bridge on the kit, many pins are connected with other parts on the kit. So you must take care of those connections.

pastedImage_0.png

2. Yes. It contains the PSoC 5LP architectural Components.

In addition, I'm a little bit wondering about why you just want to use the PSoC5LP on the kit....For playing a kit, there's no problem...but, in my mind , if it is for some production project...it is too luxurious...

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the response. I have a project which is implemented using PSoC 5LP specific architectural components such as TIA, Delta Sigma ADC.. etc, I need to upgrade it to work with the BLE module, Since PSoC® 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit contains 5LP Components and the BLE module, i thought of using it.

Do u have any suggestion?

Thanks,
Karthik

0 Likes