Improve Timing Mechanism for Psoc Prototyping Kit.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently own a CY8CKIT-059 Psoc 5LP Prototyping kit. I was wondering how accurate the internal timing mechanism aka the on board clock. Also, if there are any recommendation on any crystal oscillator I should look into buying to improve the accuracy of the clock.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Sanghyun,

For PSoC 5LP, the internal IMO and PLL together can generate up to a 80-MHz clock, accurate to ±2% over voltage and temperature.

You can choose external oscillators to improve clock accuracy, It supports a wide variety of crystal types, in the range of 4 to 25 MHz.

For more details about PSoC 5LP, you can refer to resources shared in PSoC 5LP forum:

PSoC 5LP MCU Community

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Sanghyun,

For PSoC 5LP, the internal IMO and PLL together can generate up to a 80-MHz clock, accurate to ±2% over voltage and temperature.

You can choose external oscillators to improve clock accuracy, It supports a wide variety of crystal types, in the range of 4 to 25 MHz.

For more details about PSoC 5LP, you can refer to resources shared in PSoC 5LP forum:

PSoC 5LP MCU Community

0 Likes