Implement Delta-Sigma ADC in Psoc6...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear community:

Considering ADC Delta-Sigma is extremely important for many Psoc6 developers: Could it be possible to implement this utility using UDB blocks available at Psoc6? 20 bit capable possible?? Or less???? Or definitely not possible at all???

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

While I'm checking on whether we have tried out such an implementation using UDBs, I can say that it is theoretically possible but we need an implementation to gauge the real world resolution numbers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess, the cost to make sig-del ADC is quite high, on that making it for 40nm chip may not be feasible right away. I read in the same forum, someone asked the same question and Cypress is taking it as input for future feature addition and improvements. May be in future release, designers will get this done.

But I am not sure if UDB along can do sig-del ADC by itself.

ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

While I'm checking on whether we have tried out such an implementation using UDBs, I can say that it is theoretically possible but we need an implementation to gauge the real world resolution numbers.

joma_1267006
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

I'm (slowly) learning to use the PSoC Analog Coprocessor with view to developing a product with it when the chips are available (June, I hear) and starting to fall in love with the Universal Analog Blog architecture.

I'd venture saying a PSoC 6 with UABs would be game changing, at least to me, though maybe I just don't know the game very well 🙂